Friday, February 5, 2010

It's time to stop sucking at poker

I suck at poker. For a variety of reasons.

But I shouldn't. There's really no good reason that I shouldn't be doing very well at HUSNG's, the form of poker I like best. I'm smart enough, and I know enough about poker that I should be a significant winner.

My main problems seem to be a tendency to  tilt and a lack of discipline, which are obviously interrelated.

I'm starting this blog as a way to semi-publicly work out these (and other) kinks in my game. I find that writing helps me gain perspective and think through problems, and the semi-public nature of blogs adds a little bit of psychological accountability to the whole thing.

I'm not yet sure what form this blog will take, but at the moment, plans include journal-style posts, HH self-reviews, hand/situational analysis, etc. The main thing I'm going to focus on at first is posting consistently. The rest can be worried about later.

Anyway, this is a start, and hopefully it turns out to be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment